I am a passionate advocate for healthy eating and home cooking.
When I think about what gets me excited every day it’s the thought of helping others who struggle with
weight loss find a solution that helps them live happier more productive lives. I hope to inspire people to get back
in the kitchen by sharing my love of cooking through beautiful images and simple recipes.
Some quick facts about me:
- I am a Canadian living and working in downtown Chicago
- I cook and eat all the food I post out of my tiny urban kitchen
- I drink a lot of green tea
- I love to travel and my favorite place in the world is Paris
- I’ve climbed three of the highest mountain in the world, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Everest Base Camp and Machu Picchu
- I’ve run one marathon and don’t plan on running another one
- I am passionate about fashion and love design and clothing
- I am attempting to be the greatest Aunt in the world to two of the most adorable boys on the planet
- I have an incredible and supportive family who I love and don’t see enough of
- My friends are the corner stone of my life. All of them, each in a different way has provided me with years of guidance, support and endless hours of listening. I would not be the person I am today without each of them – you know who you are!
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition Institute where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the worlds top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.