I am a passionate advocate for
healthy eating and home cooking.
When I think about what gets me excited every day it’s the thought of helping others who struggle with
weight loss find a solution that helps them live happier more productive lives. I hope to inspire people to get back
in the kitchen by sharing my love of cooking through beautiful images and simple recipes.
Some quick facts about me:
- I am a Canadian living and working in downtown Chicago
- I cook and eat all the food I post out of my tiny urban kitchen
- I drink a lot of green tea
- I love to travel and my favorite place in the world is Paris
- I’ve climbed three of the highest mountain in the world, Mt. Kilimanjaro, Everest Base Camp and Machu Picchu
- I’ve run one marathon and don’t plan on running another one
- I am passionate about fashion and love design and clothing
- I am attempting to be the greatest Aunt in the world to two of the most adorable boys on the planet
- I have an incredible and supportive family who I love and don’t see enough of
- My friends are the corner stone of my life. All of them, each in a different way has provided me with years of guidance, support and endless hours of listening. I would not be the person I am today without each of them – you know who you are!
I graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition Institute where I learned innovative coaching methods, practical lifestyle management techniques, and over 100 dietary theories; everything from Ayurveda, gluten-free, and Paleo, to raw, vegan and macrobiotics, and everything in between.
I studied with the worlds top health and wellness experts including:
- Joshua Rosenthal, MScEd, founder and director of the Institute for Integrative Nutrition
- Deepak Chopra, MD World Leader in Mind-Body Medicine, Director of Education at The Chopra Center, Bestselling Author
- David Katz, MD, MPH, Authority on Preventive Medicine and Weight Management, Director of the Yale Prevention Research Center
- Walter Willett, MD, DrPH, Chair of the Department of Nutrition at Harvard’s School of Public Health and Bestselling Author
- Andrew Weil, MD, Bestselling Author and Expert on Integrative Medicine and Mind-Body Interactions
- Gabrielle Bernstein, Motivational Speaker, Life Coach, Bestselling Author
- Susan Blum, MD, MPH, Functional Medicine Doctor, Founder of Blum Center for Health
- Mark Hyman, MD, Founder and Medical Director of The UltraWellness Center, Bestselling Author
- Geneen Roth, Pioneer of Emotional Eating and Empowerment, Bestselling Author
- David Wolfe, recognized Expert and Bestselling Author on Superfoods and Raw Nutrition
- Marion Nestle, PhD, MPH, Paulette Goddard Professor of Nutrition, Food Studies and Public Health at New York University
- Mark Bittman, New York Times Columnist, Bestselling Author
My education has equipped me with extensive, cutting-edge knowledge in holistic nutrition, health coaching, and prevention. Drawing on my expertise, I work with clients like you to help make lifestyle changes and choose health-promoting ways that produce real and lasting results. You will develop a deeper understanding of food and lifestyle choices that work best for you, improving your energy, balance, health, and happiness.
Each session will leave you feeling inspired and motivated. We will talk about things beyond food, seeking to bring balance to important elements of your life such as love and relationship as well as career and money. I will personally and carefully guide you to make simple, small changes that transform your life.