One of the best ways to ensure you have a healthy breakfast during the week is to make food in advance. These egg muffins are an easy way to stay healthy when you don't have time in the morning to cook. Since they are packed with healthy fat and protein you'll stay full all morning. They are also a great recovery meal after a morning workout.
Asparagus and Bacon Egg Muffins
- 12 eggs
- 8 strips sugar free bacon
- 5oz asparagus
- handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- sea salt and found pepper
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Use coconut oil to grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
1. Cut bacon into small pieces and cook on medium high in a cast iron skillet until crispy. Once cooked spoon the bacon onto a plate and pour the excess fat into a container for later.
2. Slice asparagus and cherry tomatoes
3. Add 1 tablespoon of bacon fat back into the pan and cook the asparagus until bright green which will only take about 3 minutes.
4. Spoon the crispy bacon and cooked asparagus into the greased muffin tins. Beat the eggs together and add salt and pepper to the egg mixture.
5. Spoon the egg mixture evenly into the muffin tin. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
Store in a glass container in the fridge for up to one week.