Lately I have been getting a little bored of my regular chicken dishes and felt that I needed to change things up. Despite the fact that I have discovered a zillion different ways to cook chicken its easy to forget that there are so many other great sources of protein to cook with. One of the advantages of adding more fish into your meal plans is that its actually faster to cook than chicken, this recipe is a great example of a meal you can whip together in under 30 minutes! Once cooked the fish had a nice flaky texture and the pickled cucumber added a perfect crunch to the dish.
Baked Cod with Cucumber Salad
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 4 x 4oz wild-caught atlantic cod fillets
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch dill
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil to the bottom of an oven proof dish and place the 4 cod fillets skin side down onto the dish. Sprinkle the fish with salt an pepper and add one sprig of dill onto each fillet. Place on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 20 minutes
- While the fish is cooking peel the cucumber, then remove the seeds using a teaspoon. Slice then dice the cucumber into small pieces.
- Finely chop the onion and the rest of the dill, then mix with the cucumber in a bowl. Pour the vinegar and the other 1/2 table spoon of olive oil over the mixture. Add salt and pepper and set aside until the cod is ready.
- Once cooked, lift the cod onto plates and top with a spoonful of the cucumber salad, enjoy!