PB & Oat Balls
I absolutely love these tiny balls of energy that keep you from running to the snack cupboard for a chocolate bar fix at 3pm. They are portable and anyone who has tried them is shocked that they are healthy because they taste so good! They are packed with superfoods that will keep you full and improve your energy. This treat won’t spike your blood sugar and you’ll feel satisfied knowing you had something sweet without suffering from the sugar crash you get from a typical processed snack food.
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes / Serves: 24
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 cup 85% dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup local raw honey
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Start by measuring out all the ingredients
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl
- Mix until everything is combined
- Chill for 30 minutes
- Take about 2 teaspoons of the mixture and roll into balls
What is so great about Flaxseeds anyway?
Flaxseeds are the most concentrated plant source of the omega-3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids are heart-healthy nutrients that also have anti-inflammatory properties. They are also a very good source of dietary fiber. Flaxseeds have been found to have a laxative effect, decreasing symptoms of constipation ad increasing the amount of times you poop! Yes I said poop!