Sunday Roasted Chicken
It’s very easy to pick up an organic rotisserie chicken at the grocery store every Sunday and they are pretty good and super convenient but there is no substitute for a home roasted organic chicken. Not only is it pretty easy to cook it also makes your home smell amazing and guarantees that you have some leftovers for your salads for a few days.
Give it a try this Sunday!
Preparation Time: 2 hours / Serves: 4
- 1 organic chicken (3lbs)
- 5 carrots
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 tbsp. ghee
- garlic Powder
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Chop carrots into thick sticks, the thicker the better so they don’t burn when you roast them with the bird
- Rinse the chicken under cool water inside and out and pat dry with a paper towel
- Toss the carrots into the bottom of a roasting pan then place the chicken on top of the carrots breast side up.
- Slice a lemon in half and insert it into the cavity of the chicken and add some salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Rub some ghee all over the body of the chicken then sprinkle salt, pepper and garlic powder generously all over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the oven and roast for 20 minutes per pound (a 3lb chicken should take around 1 hour)
- You’ll now its done when the skin is browned and any liquid runs clear when you cut between the leg and the thigh
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board tented under some tin foil for 30 minutes
- Slice the chicken onto a serving platter and serve with the vegetables and sprinkle some fresh parsley before serving.
- Store the leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days.